Interior Mold Inspection and Removal Services
For the most part, mold is everywhere so, whether you can see it or not, chances are your house has mold lurking out of eyesight. Mold is a part of nature, however the species of mold that has spread in your home or property can determine the extent of the issue. Mold spores migrate through the air and enter structures through openings like doors, windows and HVAC systems. Spores can also enter a location on shoes, clothing and animals. It can be nearly impossible for you to eliminate mold encountering your home. You need to take action as mold begins growing in your home. Having an expert to turn to that can advise on the kind of mold present is imperative. Pair that with an expert that can develop the optimal way to treat it then carry out the remediation process, and you have Paul Davis. We provide professional home and commercial emergency restorative services for a variety of disasters, including mold.
Indoor Mold Remediation and Abatement Services
With a Paul Davis inspection of your residential or commercial property for mold, you have a licensed professional who has in depth knowledge in this area. Detecting and identifying mold is the primary step in what can be an arduous procedure. When it comes to dealing with mold safely, the prime choice is working with a company which specializes in all aspects of the process. We offer mold removal and remediation services in addition to basic mold inspections. Mold will cause damage to your house along with major health issues to your family. Unlike most allergens, mold does negatively affect the health of any person regardless if they have allergies or not. Mold advances through the environment it’s found in, this means the longer it goes without treatment in your home, the worse its effects are. Paul Davis can correctly identify the species of mold growing in your home and effectively handle treating it.
Kinds of Mold
There are 3 basic strains of mold:
- Allergenic: Which produce and cause allergic reactions.
- Pathogenic: These molds cause health issues in people which suffer from acute illnesses.
- Toxigenic: These molds can produce toxic microbes.
With the variety of molds that can be found in properties, having an expert to diagnosis and inspect the extent of their spread is key to eradicating it. An expert with Paul Davis can aid with making your residence healthy and free from the most insidious molds.
A few common household molds are:
- Penicillium – This mold most commonly thrives on wallpaper, wallpaper glue, decaying fabrics, carpets and fiberglass insulation. It will cause hay-fever type reactions and induces asthma attacks.
- Aspergillus – This is a warm environment mold that thrives indoors and outdoors. It can be found in areas that are excessively damp with extensive water damage, as well as decomposing organic matter. It is also found inside of dust and produces mycotoxins.
- Alternaria – This mold is commonly found in carpet, textiles, dust, window frames, showers and soil. This is a large spore mold that deposits in soft tissue, like the nose, mouth and respiratory tract.
- Cladosporium – Cladosporium is the most commonly identified outdoor fungus easily enters homes. It grows in porous, overtly moist locations such as textile and wood. The indoor and outdoor strains trigger asthma attacks along with inducing hay-fever like reactions.
- Stachybotrys – Being a less common household mold is lucky, as it is among the more horrible. It needs excessive damp to thrive, and causes breathing issues, flu-like symptoms, loss of hearing and memory, and bleeding in the lungs.
- Acremonium – This toxic mold grown in areas of moisture such as cooling coils, humidifiers, drain pans, and window sealants. It is a powdery mold that thrives in an array of colors like pink, white, grey or orange.
- Aureobasidium – Aureobasidium is often discovered growing behind painted wood surfaces and wallpaper. It starts out light brown or pink in color then darkens to dark brown-black as it ages. This is a highly allergic responsive mold, causing eye infections and skin rashes.
- Chaetomium – This mold is found in houses after flooding or leaking and in chronically wet conditions. It has a cottony texture, changes colors from white to grey or brown over time and has a musty odor. Chaetomium is known to produce mycotoxins that affect the immune system, causing skin and nail infections.
- Cladosporium – This unique mold thrives in cold and warm areas and spreads quickly on fabric, upholstery, under floorboards and in carpets. It has an adverse reaction with wet tissues in eyes, nose, mouth and throat.
- Fusarium – Capable of thriving and migrating in cold weather, this mold is coral or pink in color and is commonly found in a home’s soft goods. A reddish variety is found in organic products like food and house plants, and both strains can move quickly through a home. Symptoms from this mold start out as skin infections, sore throat and runny eyes and progresses to bone infections and brain abscesses.
- Trichoderma – This is a highly allergic mold with 5 subspecies. It’s a rapidly growing mold with a wool like texture and is mostly white and green. It does well in consistently damp and moist locations like HVAC systems, wood and upholstery. Along with health symptoms the same as other mycotoxins, this mold also destroys the surfaces it grows on, causing decay and structures to crumble.
- Ulocladium – This mold is mostly found in bathrooms and kitchens and is one of the black molds. It contributes to asthma and respiratory ailments.
Contact Paul Davis for a Reliable Mold Inspection
If you suspect or know there is mold in your home call the experts with Paul Davis. Our professional team will provide a detailed inspection and perform the remediation services necessary to remove dangerous mold from your property. Paul Davis is available 24-hours a day, 7-days a week.